Email: E.email@example.com, Eisa_kohan@yahoo.com
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, USA
Visiting Scholar (Postdoc) in the Geisler/Geisler-lee Genomics lab
Advisers: Prof. Matt Geisler, Prof. Jane Geisler-Lee
Subject: Training in systems biology, Microarray-Transcriptomics Data Analysis.
Golestan University, Gorgan, Iran
Ph.D. candidate in Plant Molecular Physiology
Thesis Supervisors: Dr. Mohammad B. Bagherieh, Prof. Ahmad Abdolzadeh
Thesis Subject: Transcriptional regulatory network (DREBs) of plant response to abiotic stresses.
Golestan University, Gorgan, Iran
M.Sc., Plant Physiology
Thesis Supervisor: Dr. Mohammad B. Bagherieh
Thesis Advisors: Dr. Ahmad R. Bahrami, Dr. Mahnaz Aghdasi
Thesis Subject: Gene Cloning and Transformation (One Transcription Factor-DREB1A)
Ferdowsi Mashhad University, Mashhad, Iran
Bachelor of Biology
Training by Prof. J. Darvish (Evolution), Prof. Ghoreish-alhosseini (Plant systematics), Prof. Mahdavi (Histology & Embryology), Prof. Moghimi (Animal Physiology), Prof. Bahrami (Cellular & molecular Biology), Prof. Lahoti (Plant Physiology), Dr. Hadad (Genetics), Dr. Abrishamchi (Plant Physiology), and so on.
- Bagherieh-Najjar M.B., Kohan E., Abbasi Z. (2014) “Molecular Biomarkers: Principles, Methods, and Applications”, 2th Translated in Persian Language and Published by Golestan University Press Center. ISBN: 978-600-92971-5-3.
- Bagherieh-Najjar M.B., Kohan E. (2009) “Primer of Genetic Analysis: A problem approach”, Translated in Persian Language and Published by Golestan University Press Center. ISBN: 978-600-91251-2-8.
- Kohan E., Bagherieh-Najjar M.B. (2016). Modelling and optimization of Ag-nanoparticle biosynthesis mediated by walnut green husk extract using response surface methodology. Materials Letters. 171: 166-170.
- Kohan E., Geisler-Lee J. (2015). Gene Expression, Protein Function and Pathways of Arabidopsis thaliana Responding to Silver Nanoparticles in Comparison to Silver Ions, Cold, Salt, Drought, and Heat. Nanomaterials. 5:436-467.
- Kohan E., Bagherieh-Najjar M.B., Khandan Fadafan H., Abdolzadeh A. (2015). Synthesis and antibacterial activity of stable bio-conjugated nanoparticles mediated by walnut (Juglans regia) green husk extract. Journal of Experimental Nanoscience:1-6.
- Kohan E., Bagherieh-Najjar M.B., Aghdasi M. (2013). Designing of a 35S::DREB1A molecular construct to produce environmental stress tolerant plants. Journal of Cell and Molecular Research. 4(2):76-80.
- Kohan E., and Bagherieh-Najjar M.B. (2011). DRE-binding Transcription factor (DREB1A) as a master regulator induced a broad range of abiotic stress tolerance in plant. A. J. of Biotechnology. 10(67): 15100-15108.
- Kohan E., Golafshan S., Bagherieh M.B. (2016). Distribution pattern of H2O2 in root tips of two Arabidopsis varieties treated with silver nanoparticles. 2th international and 14th national Iranian crop sciences congress. 28-31 Aug, Rasht-Iran.
- Kohan E. (2015). Future and Roadmap of systems biology in Iran. 2th International Congress of Systems Biology, 27-28 December, Tehran- Iran.
- Kohan E., Bagherieh M.B., Khandan H., Abdolzadeh Ah. (2013). Silver nanoparticles synthesis with walnut husk extract. National Conference on Medicinal plants. 9 May, Gorgan-Iran.
- Kohan E., Abdolzadeh Ah., Bagherieh M.B. (2013). Feasibility of producing green fuel from halophytes of Golestan province in Iran. Presented in The First Stable Development of National Congress, Green Fuel. 27-28 February, Isfahan-Iran.
- Kohan E., Bagherieh-Najjar M.B., Aghdasi M. (2009). Isolation and cloning of AtDRED1A from Arabidopsis thaliana. 6th National Biotechnology Congress of Iran, 13-15 Aug, Milad Tower Conference Hall, Tehran-Iran.
- Bagherieh-Najjar M.B., Kohan E., Hadi M. (2014). Nanoparticles synthesis using Rosemary extract. Number 71-5463.
- Bagherieh-Najjar M.B., Kohan E., Aghdasi M., Abdolzadeh A., Karami M. (2012). Production of drought and salinity tolerance Bean plant using 35S::DREB1A construct. Number 71-1627.
- Kohan E., Bagherieh M.B, Khandan H. (Feb. 2014). Biogenic synthesis of Silver nanoparticles using green husk extract of Persian Walnut. Iran patent number: 81708.
- Kohan E., Bagherieh M.B, Khandan H. (2015). Scientific Certification for Iran patent number: 81708. Organization of Scientific and Industrial Research of Iran.
- Kohan E. (Jan-2016) Introduction to Systems Biology. Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences, Sabzevar, Iran
- Kohan E. (Sep-2016) Foundations of Systems Biology. Hakim Sabzevari University, Sabzevar, Iran.
- Hakim Sabzevari University, 2015-Present
- Golestan University of Gorgan, 2012-2013
- Saii University of Gorgan, 2010-2011
- Payamnoor University Unit of Gorgan, Gorgan, 2010-2011
HONORS & AWARDS:
- Graduate student scholarship grant ($ 8000) from Ministry of Science, Technology and Research of Iran I. R.
- Gain first rank in Ph.D. entrance exam of Golestan University.
- Gain first rank across Ms.c. students of plant physiology at Golestan University.
- Member of American Society of Plant Biologist, 2014-present.
- Member of the Advisory Council of the University and students, 2014-2015.
- Member of cultural council of Golestan University, Dec. 2007- March 2013.
- Member of scientific association of Biology, Ferdowsi Mashhad University, 2004-2005.
- Member of Islamic association of students, Ferdowsi Mashhad University, 2002-2004.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCES AND INTERESTS:
System Biology: gene interaction networks, metabolite synthesis networks, and so on;
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology: Gene expression regulators, transgenic plants; Molecular Physiology: Abiotic stress, Nanotoxicology;
Medicinal Plant: Metabolite engineering;
Biofuel: Halophytes as target.